Friday, August 21, 2009

Spirit of Discernment

I was rereading some of Chapter Three and wanted to write what I had learned. We are to seek the gifts of the spirit. One of the gifts that I am going to be praying for is the gift of discernment. B. Young said that "Do you not know that you need the spirit of the almighty to look through a man and discern what is in his heart, while his face smiles upon you and his words flow as smoothly as oil."

To not be deceived in these later days will be a great feat, one in which we are not left alone to acheive. But we have gifts of the spirit to help us. I however not only want to have this spirit for that reason, but especially now with my children I want that gift. Because it will help me to discern my childrens thought and feelings, and give me the ability to know what to say and do. These will be greatly enhanced when I have this gift, B. young promised.

I have to ask in prayer to have this gift and explain to Father why I want it and how it will help me and others. I need to seek insight about and understand the gift more fully thur study of the scriptures.

Once we have this gift we will be able to function with inspiration in all facets of our lives. Does anyone know more about this gift and where I might study more about it?

I do desire to have it in my life, and I am going to strive to plead my case to the Lord on what I would use it to do. I have faith that I will receive this gift when I fully understand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment