Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Faith will be tried

So I am getting to the end of this book on drawing on the powers of heaven and I have learned that a person must be humble himself and prove that his faith by perseverance and sustanined faithfulness, the righteous desire will be granted. I am at the learning part of what perseverance and sustanined faithfulness means. It is a trial of our faith. So on a personal note, I have been praying to be able to make it possible for me to work at home in the afternoon. Owning my own business gives me a lot of power to do that, however with the amount of work I have it does not always give me the time. I desire to be home as I have always desired to be home in the past. Coming into the family business was not my plan and when it happened it was a very hard trial for me. However it is now five years since it all took place and I am very grateful for the opportunity to have an income that allows me such flexibility. So how to get home and work from here in the afternoon is my desire and help needed. That is what I have put to the Lord to help me accomplish.

Trail of my faith, I must continue to pray for this with a petition unto the Lord to show my great desire. Page 48 states that we must remain faithful in the face of opposition. If a person knows that his faith is going to be tried, it gives him a greater resolve to be persistent in times of opposition. The Trial of our faith serves four functions. 1. It determines if a goal you are seeking is truly a desire, 2. It lets you learn if you are really dedicated to the Lord, 3. It is a means of purging you so that you become clean, pure and spotless- literally free from the blood and sins of the world; and 4. It humbles you and brings you to the realization that you cannot rely on the “arm of flesh.” By overcoming opposition and enduring affliction we are in a very literal sense purged and made clean. When you endure opposition by serving the Lord to the utmost of your ability- no matter how limited your ability is- the grace of God is sufficient to intervene in your behalf: you have the promise that you can become “perfect in Christ.” It is by this means that you can qualify for the Spirit of the Lord in spite of the limitation of the flesh. Page 50 Enduring hardships patiently are a great virtue and will bring maturity, stability, and spiritual strength… You have the assurance that with the spirit as your companion you can resolve difficulties.

And to sum it up I love this quote by David O McKay page 51 Spirituality impels one to conquer difficulties and acquire more and more strength.
Have a great week this week sisters. I am off to the coast with My husband tomorrow evening celebrating our 19 years of marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment