Sunday, November 1, 2009

"He did deliver me from bondage"

I have not written but once since we returned from our trip at seaside.  I have felt like a whirlwind has been upon me with all the events that have taken place.  I am so happy to report that the Lord has provided a way for me to return home during the afternoon a few times a week.  It has been two weeks now and I have gotten to come home between 2-3 pm.  I have Amicherie come and get me after school so that I do come home, and I take care of business if needed and mostly take care of my children.  Getting dinner and doing the dishes all seem very wonderful to me.  It is like I have gotten to have my hearts desire given back to me and I am so gratiful. 

We have been busy with Football, plays, concerts, church, and such that I have neglicted my core needs.  I have been so busy about getting things set up to come home that I have need to get back to my basics.  I feel as if the "body" is ruling my "spirit" and I am in depirate need to get that back into control.  It is so evident in my physical weight gain when I am out of control.  I have hit the "top" of my boundrary again.  Just a few weeks ago I was getting things back into balance and acheived losing 4 pounds, but now that is back on and I so need to have this Fast Sunday to help get me in balance.

So back to one of my favorite books, the Book of Mormon Manual that seem to start all my healing, my understanding, and my testimony stregthening.  It is by Colleen C Harris, "He did deliver me from Bondage".  It is used in the church social services for years,  I am not sure if they still do, but it is the place I go to get things back in order- the book of Mormon.  So those that would like to read and add their thougths I would love to hear how you feel about certain subjects.

The intoduction I was reading thru, mostly going over my highlighted areas.  Daniel 10:12 is noted as the begin point for the author in turning her life over to Him and allowing for His help.  "Fear not, for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard and I am come for thy words".  Colleen states "I didn't realize that at that moment of complete surrender, I was about to enter a whole new life, a life turned inside out".  .."from the moment of my admittance of personal powerlessness, of my absolute need for Him, He had taken over"..."somewhere on the inside something was different.  ...Pres. Benson's words: 'God Changes men from the inside out'...(page iv)
The Big Book that they used at her meeting was the 12 step program for AA.  "It is totally focused on turning us to God and our relationship with Him.  ....I see them learn to relax their own stranglehold onlife and others, trust God, and tackle a fine-tooth comb repentance process for themselves that makes even a Latter-day Saint Wince". 

140 pounds loss was what took place for her, when she finally turned it over to the Lord.  "And the greatest blessing of all was that I know that I didn't do it alone.  I know it was by the grace of God that He lifted my borken and bleeding soul from the bedroom floor that day and led me to a program that would turn my face to Him and not teach me self-mastery or self-sufficiency or that I just had to do more.  Instead, it taught me that what I have to do is believe more, ask more and receive more." (page vi introduction)

So I will begin this journey again.  I have loved this manual of the scriptures.  She saw in the "Big Book" from AA that there was truth taught and success because of truth.  And she found that each principle was backed by the Book of Mormon and Bible scriptures.  I have read this manual more times than I can remember and yet I find such great knowledge, because it is the scriptures that are the principles.  I hope to share with you my thougths, not for your benefit, but for mine.  I need Him.  I need Him always and with the distractions of the world I forget how much.  This will put that "natural man" back in place and the "spiritual man" in front again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment